Facebook Pixel
249 Members Online

The Quidditch Pitch Match 1: Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff



<
>
MG&S Overseer
MG&S Overseer
Mixed Blood
Quidditch Referee
Graduated Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 94
Posts: 1,363
Finally. Rolanda Hooch was relieved that the Quidditch season was just about to begin. She strode across the Quidditch pitch toward the equipment box with a slight spring in her step and a small smile snaking across her lips.

"This is no time to dawdle!" she called to the mass of slowly-moving Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw players now entering the stadium from the locker rooms. "I have a few announcements for you before we get started:

  • This match will begin on October 1.
  • Team members must post in the color determined at the beginning of the match; this color must be in the color representing their House: red for Gryffindor, yellow for Hufflepuff, blue for Ravenclaw, green for Slytherin. Wrongly colored posts will be disregarded.
  • This thread is for recognized members of participating teams. Spectator may participate via the Spectator Stands only.

  • "Are there any questions?" At the resounding silence, Hooch let her smile widen just a little. "Excellent. Then let's get going!"
    Posts will be graded on the following rubric:
  • Environmental: x/3
  • Incorporeal: x/3
  • Interaction: x/3
  • Readability: x/1

  • The current season is Autumn.
    The weather is cloudy.

    This thread will remain locked until the match begins, at which time, I will determine who is in possession of the Quaffle and the game will begin.
    [color=white]Edited by Armoracia
     

    MG&S Overseer
    MG&S Overseer
    Mixed Blood
    Quidditch Referee
    Graduated Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 94
    Posts: 1,363
    Feet firmly planted on the soft grass in the middle of the pitch, Hooch blew her whistle and encouraged both teams to come closer. Huskily, she intoned, "It is now time to determine which team will take initial possession of the Quaffle." She pulled a shiny, new Sickle from her pocket and held it between her left thumb and forefinger, making it seem to sparkle even on such a cloudy day. "Ravenclaw will be heads; Hufflepuff will be tails." The coin sprang from her fingers as if self-propelled, flipping and tumbling to the earth below. "The coin lands on tails. Hufflepuff Chaser Shelbeth will start with possession of the Quaffle.

    "The first round will begin in three (3) hours, at 02:00 AM, HEX Standard. The posting order - all in HEX Standard - will be as follows:"
  • Post 1: Hufflepuff - 2:00 AM - 4:59 AM
  • Posts 2 & 3: Ravenclaw - 5:00 AM - 10:59 AM
  • Posts 4 & 5: Hufflepuff - 11:00 AM - 4:59 PM
  • Posts 6 & 7: Ravenclaw - 05:00 PM - 10:59 PM
  • Post 8: Hufflepuff - 11:00 PM - 1:59 AM

  • Hooch's cat-like eyes gleamed as she surveyed the colorful stands against the grey skies. It was good to be home. Turning her attention back to the waiting teams, the grizzled Quidditch veteran straightened a little and barked out a few last-minute reminders.

    "I trust you haven't forgotten the basic rules of Quidditch over the summer. I expect you all to follow them and focus on the game. Now, let's see some action!" She lobbed the Quaffle to Shelbeth and popped the lock on the box with one sturdy boot toe. The Bludgers and Snitch soared into the air and out of sight. As Hooch whistled the start of the game, the sea of cerulean and lemon lofted into the air like flocks of seagulls scattering at the noise. The match had begun!
    Round 1 will begin at 02:00 AM, HEX Standard.
    It will end twenty-four (24) hours later, at 01:59 AM, HEX Standard.

    Seekers may not attempt to spot the Snitch until round 3.

    There are 2 Bludgers currently in play.
    Bludger 1 is headed for beccabear1992.
    Bludger 2 is headed for Aelis Marie.
     

    Hufflepuff Prefect
    RP Mentor
    Quidditch Captain Sunshine Soldier
    Hufflepuff Prefect - RP Mentor - Quidditch Captain Sunshine Soldier
    Pureblood
    Hufflepuff
    She's got lions in her heart, a fire in her soul.
    2nd year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 27
    Posts: 4,092
    Like a meteor streaking across the sky, the crimson Quaffle sailed into the air. The instant it left Madame Hooch's hands, the Pitch blazed to life. Players wove intricate patterns, a sort of haphazard dance as they lobbied for the best positions. The crowd roared, energized by the first match of the new season. Blood-thirsty Bludgers barreled by, and somewhere, the elusive Golden Snitch flitted about. But Jaina Kroos, Hufflepuff Chaser and newly-minted Quidditch Captain, had eyes only for the Quaffle.

    It landed neatly in her waiting hands, and why wouldn't it, given the hundreds of hours she had spent practicing? Despite the ease of the catch, she might as well have caught that meteor; the leather ball seemed to weigh a ton. Only the nerves, the young woman rationalized, tucking the Quaffle under her arm for safe-keeping. Anxiety lingered in the pit of her stomach and the back of her mind, whispering the many ways in which she could fail. A dropped pass, a botched shot, two easy enough avenues to ruin her first game as Captain. Both sure-fire ways to embarrass herself, her team, and her family.

    Her mind was so consumed by thoughts of failure that Jaina nearly achieved it by another means entirely - colliding with another player. The sudden swirl of blue fabric and sensation of nearness jerked her back to the present, and she avoided certain disaster by only a hair's breadth. "Goodness," Jaina managed, hazel eyes wide as saucers as she regarded Aliviana Spencer. She lifted a gloved hand from her broom just long enough to offer an apologetic wave. "I am terribly sorry. It will not happen again."

    No, it certainly would not. Jaina's pale face burned with embarrassment as she made her escape, her cheeks nearly the same shade as the Quaffle. Imagine if she crashed into her opponent - the press would have an absolute field day! And what would her famous father think of her? Could she ever show her face again in the professional Quidditch world? Though the accident had been avoided, the mere "what-if" terrified her. The confidence she had so painstakingly collected slipped through her fingers like grains of sand.

    Wait, what had her therapist encouraged her to do when the walls seemed to be crumbling around her? Focus on what she knew. And though her demons tried to convince her otherwise, Jaina Kroos knew Quidditch.

    Allowing her training to take over, the Badger leaned forward, drawing a bit more speed from her Firebolt. With a practiced grace, she dodged other players from both teams, gaze locked on the Ravenclaw goalposts. Thick clouds drifted overhead, casting a long shadow over the entire Pitch. The vibrant blue and yellow hues of the uniforms stood in stark contrast to the dull grays Mother Nature sported. Crisp autumn air billowed her robes and tugged at her tightly braided brown hair as she closed the distance. She was nearly atop the rival Keeper when she realized just how congested the airspace had grown. There were too many Eagles swooping about for Jaina to risk her shot. So instead, she lobbed her prized Quaffle toward Einin Cassidy. Though the young Irishwoman was quite accident-prone, Jaina knew she was more than capable.

    Having unloaded the precious cargo, Jaina paused to catch her breath. When she noticed Leon Hudson nearby, she offered him a small smile. "First match of the year," she observed. "Can you believe it is finally here? I hardly can!" Despite all her reservations, the season had begun, and Jaina was determined to make the best of it.

    [Pass Quaffle to Lilyanabell]
    [WC: 595]
     

    Magical Archivist
    Magical Edu. Mod
    MG&S Mod
    Ravie Prefect
    Magical Archivist - Magical Edu. Mod - MG&S Mod - Ravie Prefect
    Muggle Born
    Ravenclaw
    So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.
    4th year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 26
    Posts: 28,353
    Tendrils of despair swaddled her lungs, constricting every breath Liv tried to take. As soon as her gaze slid across the honey blonde hair mixed in with the crowd of spectators, pain erupted through her chest. Why did you abandon me? Her eyes snapped shut while she struggled to keep the tears from spilling out. A few shaky breaths to clear her head and an internal warning not to look that way again got her back on track. She was here for a game, after all. As she let the air out, the pressure inside her head dissipated and the pain dulled - as much as it could, at least.

    A shrill shriek signaled the start of the match, giving Liv something to focus on. Bundles of sapphire and gold swirled in slow motion as her senses zeroed in on the ruby oracle floating gently into the chaos... before enemy hands sucked it up like a vacuum cleaner. A flash of thick yellow fabric smothered her face for a moment like an oppressive sun, causing a low growl to reverberate through her throat as she swung herself around to face the pesky Badger. “Are you friggen kidding me? You’re gonna regret that.” Her menacing glare remained fixed on the Huffie while she flipped her bat over one shoulder.

    Movement to the left drew Liv’s attention, and though there was nothing of interest, a group in the stands became her focus. Anna was there, almost bringing a long-needed smile to her face... and then she saw Kali. An ache in the pit of her stomach began to grow when she noticed the shirt on the Gryffindor matched her own blue robes. It was no surprise that she was here to support Morgan, but that didn’t stop the tornado in Liv’s head from taking charge, uprooting all the stability she’d gained and turning it upside down. Every bad thing that happened in the past month flooded her brain at once, ripping her apart from the inside. Frustration. Anger. Longing. Anxiety. She once again struggled to breathe, feeling a pressure on her chest as if there were an elephant sitting on it. Her mind collapsed and Liv let out a blood-curdling scream.

    Liv needed something to hit. The smooth wood of her trusty sidekick warmed in her hand and her hunt for that iron midget was in full swing. It seemed fitting that there was no sun today, as if the weather mirrored her mood - or vice versa. Dull, grey eyes matched the stale, bland sky, scouring the pitch for that one beautiful blob of black soaring freely through the open air like a drop of malevolent ink. Instead, they landed on Marissa, floating in front of the goal posts, ready for battle.“Don’t worry, Riss. I’ll keep your job easy today.” Right then, a swirl of black swam into her view and a frightening smile crept across her face. Perfect.

    Like stalking a prey deep within the jungle, Liv’s leer locked onto her target down the pitch. Luckily, it seemed to be heading straight for her. And so the hunter becomes the hunted. Good. Come and get me, bitch. Body turned sideways and right arm extended to maximum length, she was ready for anything. The countdown began in her head and, at exactly the right moment, she threw her arm forward, making contact easily and sending that beast far, far away.

    [WC: 568]
    [Offensive Deflect Bludger 1 to Lilyanabell]
     

    Pureblood
    Ravenclaw
    Stay frosty, boys!
    1st year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 23
    Posts: 5,815
    Hovering inconveniently somewhere right in the middle of the pitch, Felix swung his dangling legs as he glanced around at his surroundings; he immediately made two maddening observations. The first was that the Quaffle had promptly entered the hands of the other team, rather than his own. The second was the dull weather, and this meager realization filled him with more indignation than he could handle.

    “Cloudy? Cloudy? First match of the season and we’ve got clouds to work with? Puh-lease,” Felix scoffed, scowling up at the churning grey sky. “What are we s’posed to talk about, the game?”

    Shaking his head, Felix scoured the pitch for a familiar face. The sky resembled a post-modern painting, vibrant yellows and morose blues streaking across swirls of somber grey, and he struggled to identify any individual faces in the sea of activity.

    Finally, his eyes locked onto Liv; he swiftly made a beeline toward his teammate, but quickly backpedaled when he caught a glimpse of her face. Her expression was stormier than the skies above, and despite his zeal for conversation, he harbored no desire to fly right into the eye of a brewing storm. Plastering a smile onto his face, Felix tentatively soared alongside Liv... at a healthy distance.

    “Marissa made a good decision, appointing the berserker of the party our Beater,” he remarked conversationally. “You’re gonna knock their Badger heads clean off.” His lame attempt at a pep talk was interrupted by a yellow blur streaking toward them, screeching to a halt moments before it would have collided with Liv. Woah, too close! I ought to pummel you for Liv... that's it! As the Hufflepuff Chaser bumbled off in embarrassment, Felix’s eyes ignited with excitement, a brilliant new idea ablaze in his brain.

    Without so much as a backwards glance at his troubled teammate, Felix soared away, eyes peeled for any sign of the whereabouts of the Quaffle. At some point during his interlude with Liv, the crimson orb had switched hands, and he spied it at last in the clutches of a red-headed girl he didn’t recognize. Eager for some action, he swooped toward her.

    “Woah, woah, woah, where do you think you’re going with that?” Felix demanded, planting himself in front of Einin like a squirrel with a death wish on a busy road. “Haven’t you heard? We’re playing a new game today, courtesy of your captain! No need for any hefty balls!”

    Felix squared his shoulders and with a grunt, nudged his broom into the opposing Chaser’s. “We’re about to make bumper brooms the next big thing! It’s like bumper cars – with a risk of death!”

    [WC: 440]
    [Classic Foul Lilyanabell]
     

    Hufflepuff Prefect
    HEX Mentor
    Hufflepuff Prefect - HEX Mentor
    Pureblood
    Hufflepuff
    Sick as all heck, replies may be delayed or incoherent
    3rd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 16
    Posts: 64,125
    A few loose strands of auburn pendulated in the crisp autumn breeze. Myriad clouds, rolling like the waves of the ocean, blocked the sun from Einin Cassidy’s eyes as she abandoned the ground. Paranoid emerald eyes followed the Bludgers like they were both naughty children, but once the girl was sure she was safe, all her attention went out to the Quaffle. It sailed through the sky, landing with a Plunk! in Jaina’s outstretched hands.

    And for the first time, it really occurred to Einin that she had to pull that off as well.

    A frown crossed her features as her elfin hands suddenly felt quite insufficient. How on earth was she supposed to not only catch, but also launch, that precious crimson globoid? Those familiar voices swelled up inside of her, whispering cunning doubts that became her own as they reverberated within her mind. She let out a long, shaky breath, trying to clear her head. Focus on the Quaffle. Nothing else matters. Yet...

    The all-too-familiar sound of a Bludger being struck hit her ears, and her head whipped around to see where it was headed. At her, naturally. Murder shone in her eyes as she regarded Liv with contempt, and called out as her eyes darted over to the careening death ball. “What have I eve’ done to ye, colossal turd? I don' want yer cootie-infected missile!“

    Well, regardless of the situation, no amount of quodpot from the stupid, stuck-up, selfish Ravenclaws was going to ruin her match. Up here in the sky, she wasn't the stumbling girl with useless legs. She wasn't the midget that was constantly shoved to the side. She wasn't the freak they looked at her like. When these smooth--and helplessly oversized--robes came on, she was part of team Hufflepuff. This year would be different. This year, nobody would tread on Einin Cassidy and get away with it.

    Here's hoping her aim would prove true...

    But when Felix’s broom collided with hers, a long, unintelligible eagre of curses in languages long forgotten burst out of her mouth with more of a thunderous boom than seemed possible to come from such a small thing. She knocked back as hard as she could and zipped off before the filthy little rascal could do anything else.

    If she were perfectly honest, it surprised her when her hands snapped at the Quaffle like a crocodile its prey, and let it slip into her arms. But it couldn't stay there. The ridiculously small girl tore through the sky like a torpedo, paying no mind to anything but the goalpost. Only one beryl-robed figure lay between her and the redemption she sought. True, it was the enemy captain, but she cared little. Whispering a quick and quiet prayer, her arm pulled back, her body spun to the left, and the ball sailed toward the goalpost.

    It was only a matter of time now before the Bludger hit her. Lucy had to choose one Bludger, a crunch was inevitable. Even now the Black Plague of Quidditch was slicing through the October air. She dimly noted the leaves rustling at the bottom of the Pitch, the blue and yellow in the stands, the faint glimmer coming from the lake… It was almost poetic, really. How in such small pieces of beauty, it was marred by the intensity of the sport and hidden from the eyes of all who might enjoy it.

    Resigning herself to her fate, Einin whooped across the Pitch to her teammate, “give ‘em heck, Ren!”

    [Catch Quaffle]
    [Shoot Quaffle]
    [WC: 585]


    Edited by Lilyanabell
     

    HINT Mod
    Badger Brigade
    Curious Cat Chief
    Winnie The Puff
    HINT Mod - Badger Brigade - Curious Cat Chief - Winnie The Puff
    Mixed Blood
    Hufflepuff
    2nd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 30
    Posts: 11,008
    "Come on Einin, let's go berry!" Lucy yelled, jubilantly raising a hand to high-five the Irish girl before she launched herself into the skies.

    Her happiness lasted just a moment before she tugged the oversized hat down on her head to hide the shame beneath. The second-year found herself overthinking her predicament once more. Why, oh why had she decided to try out her new idea the night before the first match? All she had wanted was to recreate how she had looked in the fields over the summer with Einin. Back when the ruby berries had bled all over her hair during their time launching currants at one another. Back when she had first formulated her rebellious plan. And now she was forced to face the whole school like this... Her mother was going to kill her.

    Assuming she wasn't brutally butchered by a Bludger first.

    Amber and azure blended in midair as the game began, swirling together like milk stirred into piping hot tea as the players chased their quarries. Overcast skies blocked the late summer sun from dazzling the students, but the ashen clouds had done nothing to dim the cheers of the rest of the school. The beginning of the Quidditch season had the surrounding stands abuzz with an infectious excitement as Lucy's blood began to pump faster, warming her insides against the chill in the air.

    Her eyes were drawn to a flash of aquamarine heading towards her closest friend, wincing as their brooms collided. Lucy's cheeks puffed with rage, and dismissing her purpose on the Pitch, she careered over towards them. "Hey you - you ... you rampant rogue!" she growled, pointing her finger at Felix, "leave her alone. Pick on someone your own size!"

    Lucy had been gutted that Einin wasn't chosen to play Beater alongside her. They'd had a whole plan put together during summer - a tag team like Hogwarts hadn't seen since the Weasley twins. But Fallon and Jaina had chosen Leon beside her and all of her confidence had been lost. She wasn't built for Beating - her elongated limbs were better adjusted for Keeper, but Einin had persuaded her she had strength inside of her, and on the Gaelic fields she'd been invincible. She'd been like David to the Bludger's Goliath. But here and now she was like a tiny mouse in the widened eclipse of a pouncing cats eyes.

    A dark bullet swept into Lucy's view, ripping her away from thoughts of her red-headed friend and swiftly reminding her that she had a job to do. The baneful Bludger powered towards Ren, and the Yorkshire girl swiftly sped after it, her grip on the bat sure and steady, despite her wavering confidence. Air rushed against Lucy's face as her speed increased, buffeting her like a relentless tide against a stormy beach. White knuckles almost shone from the bottom of her sleeves as she reached her arm out to protect the dark-haired fifth year.

    With barely a chance for a backswing, the obsidian orb collided against metal with an ear-splitting ssschmack, sending the Bludger hurtling towards the Ravenclaw Keeper. The force of the contact shivered down Lucy's arm and with a silent pop the hat sprung free of her head, drifting down to the ground like a slow-motion feather, exposing chartreuse yellow, straw-like hair sticking out of her temple at all angles.

    [Offensive Deflect Bludger 2 at acports16]
    [WC: 561]

     

    RPC Moderator
    HEX Mentor
    RP Mentor
    Hallo Spacebowie
    Vulcan't Even
    RPC Moderator - HEX Mentor - RP Mentor - Hallo Spacebowie - Vulcan't Even
    Dalek
    Ravenclaw
    it's okay, we're just scared
    1st year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 15
    Posts: 10,910
    Indiscernible beings circled in the abyss overhead like vultures hunting their prey, glowering at the pitch below with all the menace of a swarm of ringwraiths. They writhed and billowed morosely, never independent from their fellows, never able to escape their cage of horrors. With each collision against another tendril of their malicious entity, their fury became more absolute, contending against each other just as viciously as their impenetrable prison. Nonetheless, their grey robes fluttered as they fought against it once more, desperate for a chance to break through their barrier and unleash themselves into the pitch below.

    Even the clouds, chained to the sky above, couldn't match the anguish cascading through Sinn’s veins as he clutched his Beater’s bat, splinters burrowing their way into his fingertips. They went unnoticed as he fixated upwards, counting his breaths. The scene from the locker room replayed in his head over and over, Liv’s echoing voice setting his heart into rapid motion. The clouds' billowing anger couldn’t hold a candle to Sinn's as the image of the ginger’s crazed eyes encompassed his mind’s eye, resulting in a muffling sensation that descended over his brain until he couldn't feel anything but a constant, pulsing fury. "Marissa, whatever train of thought made you believe that making Liv and me the Beaters was a good idea? Never listen to it again."

    He glanced towards the stands, and his heart sunk. There, front and center, sat a familiar head of blonde hair, surrounded by a fort of pillows and blankets. That’s my thing, Sinn thought somewhat half-heartedly, a small smile creeping onto his face. At the same time, his eyes began to sting. An invisible line seemed to stretch between him and Chase, pulling him towards her makeshift picnic. In a moment of self-indulgence, he imagined yielding to its urges, releasing the stopper, and allowing his emotions to erupt after eons of repression as he escaped into a whirlwind of smiles and tears, laughter and hurt. He imagined the words that kept getting stuck in his throat flowing freely, the blockade in front of his lungs winnowing away until the heavy stone in his stomach could finally release its weight. The sheer intensity of his yearning almost pulled him off his broom. I miss you.

    But he had a job to do. Sinn took a deep breath and spun so his back was to the stands, letting the line snap. The heavy weight sunk a little bit further.

    A barrage of obscenities slammed into his ears with the fury of a million irritated wasps, scrambling through the air in their desperation to reach him first. Yellow robes billowed and obscured the murderous expression on the tiny Chaser’s face as she continued to hurtle profanities into the cool air, shoving her broom against Felix’s as if its wooden exterior had morphed into iron. “Keep your broom to yourself, Einin! Can anyone even touch the Quaffle without a brawl breaking out?”

    Shaking his head, Sinn tracked Einin as she sped away from her victim, aiming for the goalposts. Marissa hovered there like a frog in a pot that was heating up ever-so-slowly. The hand controlling the heat barreled towards her, its sleek iron surface a crystal ball reflecting the most morbid of predictions. Would it be her skull to fold inwards, or perhaps the bones in her wrist? Positioning himself stolidly in front of the Bludger, Sinn swung his arms around. As the crack of ball against bat echoed through the pitch, he prayed that a ding! wouldn’t soon follow.

    [Defensive Deflect Bludger 2 from acports16]
    [WC: 591]
     

    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Muggle Born
    Ravenclaw
    .:: bloop bloop pop ::.
    5th year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 27
    Posts: 47,055
    "Seriously?! Nobody wore a costume? Well, I won't be marking that off my board." Marissa pocketed the Galleon-sized blue token, frowning at the BINGO board in her hand. An exasperated sigh escaped past rose-colored lips, eager for the distraction of marking another square. As if captaining a team, playing a game, and concentrating on looking fabulous wasn't enough of a distraction. She simply needed one more thing to keep her mind off of him. Tangled balls of nerves and regret spun a web of frustration throughout her mind and abdomen. There was nothing to do; she had screwed it up and now she had to live with the guilt.

    “So, who’s up for a rousing game of BINGO?” The effort was really rather pathetic. BINGO is what you played in nursing homes or at Muggle fairs. It certainly wasn’t a sure-fire way to get over the post-break-up blues.

    Lithe fingers fiddling with the tokens in her pocket, she surveyed the pitch; her captain duties needed to come first. She was pleasantly surprised with her makeshift team of newbies and veterans - but mostly newbies. They flew with ease across the expanse of rolling, fluffy clouds, blues and yellows leaping across grey platforms like aerial circus performers. Their colors popped against the dulled backdrop, making it easy for her eyes to follow everything, from the maroon Quaffle tucked tightly between forearms swathed in yellow, to the streak of black that ricocheted off of Liv's bat, arcing in a graceful pirouette towards Einin. "Hey, Einin, would you count Liv's fit of rage as 'Screaming'? Yes? Good. I'm marking that on my board. Only four more spaces and I’ll have a BINGO.”

    A little smile lit up her face. The game is working. I haven’t even thought once about Eliot - oh. Her heavy heart sank once again, creeping lower into her stomach every time he crossed her mind. It was pointless. It didn’t matter how hard she tried to hide her grief or what endeavors she took, he loomed over her like the shadows covering the pitch. Always there, but never truly present. Shake it off, Harper. Fill another square.

    Charging forth with Quaffle in tow, a determined little squirt headed straight for her hoops. “Oh. My. GOD! No musical references? No cookies or snacks? You’re really not helping me win this BINGO game, darling. Einin... are you really not going to say anything to me? Bad integrity. Hooch! I’m calling a foul on this play for unsportsmanlike conduct... Oh, shit.” Marissa had barely gotten all her jibes out when Einin and Lucy released a double whammy - a sneaky play that only skilled Keepers could maneuver. Unfortunately, Marissa was not a skilled Keeper. “Help! Sinn, send this Bludger the heck out of here and I’ll be sure to have Flitwick give you a raise!”

    A cheeky smile in his direction was all she could spare poor Sinn as her eyes shifted from BINGO board to encroaching Quaffle spinning wildly out of control like a crimson train off its track. "God damnit." Tossing the board aside in annoyance, Marissa's palms instinctively showed themselves to the oncoming menace. Tokens fumbled downward in fluttering neon spirals as the Quaffle THWACK'd against her leather gloves. It bounced momentarily into the air before she snatched it into her arms. “Felix, stop playing bumper brooms with the Hufflepuffs. It’s just a distraction they use to lure kids like you to the dark side. Take this and fly!” Lobbing the Quaffle high over grabby Badger hands, Marissa returned to her sad game of distraction - otherwise known as BINGO.

    [Catch Quaffle]
    [Pass Quaffle to Literallybees]
    [WC: 597]
     

    Teacher's Assistant
    Luvly Vera
    Teacher's Assistant - Luvly Vera
    Pureblood
    Hufflepuff
    Badgers, check out Helga's Hollow (f/706), Sprout's Study (f/705) and Cedric's Clubhouse (f/749)!
    3rd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 26
    Posts: 7,482
    Up in the air, awaiting the match's official start, Leon could see the stands were filled to the brim with a sundry of colours. The overcast skies hadn't dulled the beautiful sight before him, not even a bit. As far as the eye could see, cherry, lime, lemon and berry all intermingled together forming a sea of fruit salad. Yummy, yummy!

    What truly caught Leon's attention was the roar of the anxiously waiting crowd, and how deafening it seemed to be. Holy shrap. I think my head might just explode. I knew the castle was making my ability to hear difficult, but I didn't think it had affected my implant this badly. Why must everything be so damn loud?

    With the shrill screech of Hooch's whistle, they were off, forcing idle thoughts to be shoved aside in favour of focus. Iron-banded Beater bat gripped tightly in hand, he kicked off from the ground, zooming up into the air to begin circling the Pitch. Teal orbs kept a constant lookout: shifting left to right; glancing over his shoulder; below him and above. Constant vigilance! With two Bludgers on the loose, they'd be on the warpath soon enough after all.

    Passing through Ravenclaw's end of the field, he caught sight of Jaina passing the prized vermillion orb to one of their own. With any luck, Hufflepuff would take the first score. Looking up when spoken to, Leon responded, "Yeah, it is. Regardless of what happens, let's make this match a good one, yeah?"

    The crack of the enchanted Beater's bat meeting steel resounded through the Pitch like a bullet shot from a gun. The ear-splitting sound drew his attention, and he jerked his head around to look. Leon’s eyes widened with a mix of shock and fear to see the pain globe flying in his direction; he rocked back on his broom to avoid the mass of steel. As if not meant for him, the ball of death and destruction continued on its way. With a look that screamed, ‘Gotta go!’, he made chase.

    Honey-blonde hair whipped around as he and his broom tore forward, weaving through the mass of bodies in his way. "Hey! Out of the way! I must go, my people need me!" Leon shouted at Morgan McTavish, frantically waving his hand to motion for the other player to move. Didn't the other team's Chaser know he had places to be, and players to protect?

    Urging his broom harder, he gained ground on his quarry until at last, he surpassed it. "Of course it's headed right for Einin and someone is blocking her... Why am I not surprised?" Leon murmured to himself, with a sigh of annoyance. Swinging his broom around mid-flight, he placed himself between the oncoming Bludger and Einin.

    This is it. Steady. Taking a deep breath to quell his growing nerves, Leon readied his bat and gripped it firmly between both hands. Knees clenched tightly around the broom beneath him, steadying his balance the best one could. Swing! Close enough to hit, he swung his upper body and arms, to connect the ball to bat. Crack!

    "Get out of here and good riddance!" He whooped, throwing both arms up into the air for a brief moment of self-congratulation. Grinning ear to ear, he turned his broom around to gush his excitement to whoever seemed like they would care the most. “Hey Rissa, I'll play! Would me hitting my first Bludger in a game help you get a BINGO?” He asked the other, too happy to care Marissa was on the opposing team.

    [Defensive Deflect Bludger1]
    [WC: 596]
     

    MG&S Overseer
    MG&S Overseer
    Mixed Blood
    Quidditch Referee
    Graduated Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 94
    Posts: 1,363
    Round One

    Shelbeth
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    Beccabear1992
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    LiterallyBees
    Environmental: 2/3
    Incorporeal: 1/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 7/10

    Lilyanabell
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 2/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9/10

    siriuslywinchester
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 10/10

    St Owl
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    acports16
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    luvzdeidara
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 10/10



    With two Bludgers in play, both teams appear to have their hands full, so to speak. Beccabear1992 attempts to turn the tables on Bludger 1, intending it to change course toward Lilyanabell. Meanwhile, luvzdeidara tries to bat it out of the way altogether. Does anyone come off the worse for wear in this Bludger battle?

    beccabear1992: 10 (OFFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 3 (DIE ROLL) + 9.5 (RP) = 22.5 > 19

    luvzdeidara: 10 (DEFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 10 (RP) = 24 >22.5

    While beccabear1992's aim was true, luvzdeidara was just that much faster than the Bludger. Her connection sends the disrupting influence clean out of play, leaving Lilyanabell free to continue Chasing.

    However, there's another Bludger on the scene. This time it's siriuslywinchester who's Johnny... er... Lucy-on-the-spot and aims the dense ball toward acports16. Does the Bludger comply?

    siriuslywinchester: 10 (OFFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 2 (DIE ROLL) + 10 (RP) = 22 > 19

    Sure enough, the Bludger obligingly changes course, heading like a laser beam toward acports16. St Owl then steps in to protect their Keeper from the impending threat. Can they do it?

    St Owl: 10 (DEFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 9.5 (RP) = 23.5 > 22

    Success! Bludger 2 is also knocked completely out of play.

    As the bludgers are now out of commission, let's see what's been happening with the Quaffle.

    In an apparent round of "Hot Potato," Shelbeth barely lays gloves on the Quaffle before she passes it to fellow chaser Lilyanabell. How's her aim?

    Shelbeth: 10 (PASS) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 9.5 (RP) = 23.5

    Shelbeth's pass is a thing of beauty, and without interference from Bludger or player, Lilyanabell easily catches the Quaffle. It's not all smooth sailing, though; LiterallyBees attempts to foul the Chaser before the shot can be made. What happened?

    LiterallyBees: 7 (RP) + 3 (DIE ROLL) = 10

    Lilyanabell: 9 (RP) + 2 (DIE ROLL) = 11 > 10

    LiterallyBees just barely missed Lilyanabell, and the Hufflepuff Chaser soars toward the hoops unimpeded. All that stands between her and first blood of the match is the Ravenclaw Keeper, acports16. Who will emerge victorious?

    Lilyanabell: 10 (SHOOT) + 2 (DIE ROLL) + 9 (RP) = 21

    acports16: 10 (CATCH) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 9.5 (RP) = 23.5 > 21

    Lilyanabell's shot can't make it past the quick acports16, who catches it easily and passes it off to teammate LiterallyBees as the round comes to an end.




    Watching the two teams busily and efficiently dealing with bludgers and Quaffles alike, Rolanda Hooch was a little torn. The professional in her appreciated the skillful play she was observing, but the player in her craved action. She thought she might have caught a glimpse of something between two of the Chasers, but as no contact appeared to have been made, she relaxed again. "Nice work out there," she called to both captains as the round ended. "But let's pick up the pace. We don't have all day, you know!"



    Round Two will begin at 2:00 AM, HEX Standard.
    It will end twenty-four hours later, at 1:59 AM, HEX Standard.

    [ Post 1: Ravenclaw ] 2:00 AM - 4:59 AM
    [ Posts 2 & 3: Hufflepuff ] 5:00 AM - 10:59 AM
    [ Posts 4 & 5: Ravenclaw ] 11:00 AM - 4:59 PM
    [ Posts 6 & 7: Hufflepuff ] 5:00 PM - 10:59 PM
    [ Post 8: Ravenclaw ] 11:00 PM - 1:59 AM

    There are 2 Bludgers currently in play.
    Bludger 1 is headed for luvzdeidara.
    Bludger 2 is headed for Shelbeth.

    Ravenclaw Chaser LiterallyBees is in possession of the Quaffle.

    0 - 0

     

    Magical Archivist
    Magical Edu. Mod
    MG&S Mod
    Ravie Prefect
    Magical Archivist - Magical Edu. Mod - MG&S Mod - Ravie Prefect
    Muggle Born
    Ravenclaw
    So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.
    4th year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 26
    Posts: 28,353
    As Liv’s rocket blasted toward its target, her scream disappeared. Even against the dismal backdrop, her iron frenemy was easily noticeable, a strong lump of coal storming at the defenseless twit like a warrior in battle. Every color came to life, from the azure waves of her fellow Eagles’ robes to the honey adversaries who blocked the way to victory. With each breath, the hues grew more radiant than before, glowing like the neon lights at her favorite pub - and a yellow one was about to go out.

    Or not. A fire of rage burned in her cheeks as she watched the charming, iron badass glance harmlessly off another’s bat. Mania crept through her soul, radiating madness to every cell of her body. In a frenzy, Liv tore off in pursuit of the bitch who dared interfere with her Bludger. She practically growled the words, her eyes wild with murderous intent. “Listen, buddy, you do not want to get on the wrong side of me right now.”

    Lucky for Leon, however, Liv’s attention was suddenly drawn to a dab of scarlet hurtling through the sky like a destructive meteor. The monstrous roar of the crowd stilled and everything slowed. Smooth leather smothered her face as her hands flew up to cover it, unable to bring herself to watch. She envisioned her superhuman energy shooting like a current out to where Marissa sat waiting. Please save my ass. An outburst of cheers sounded, bouncing off every surface in a quiet echo. She forced her eyes open to see the Quaffle swaddled safely in a set of blue robes. Oh, thank god.

    Relieved from one worry, her head whirled in the other direction, but she still couldn't spot that damn Bludger anywhere. She saw something else she liked, though, floating not too far away. Morgan. Sliding up to him, Liv's hand brushed along the soft fabric, slowly caressing his shoulders before coming to a halt on the bulge of his bicep. A gentle whiff of dark chocolate ascended to her nostrils and her head drifted to his shoulder like a dog to its bacon. “Hello, gorgeous. How are you?” She beamed at him, a sort of sultry smirk that said much more than her words.

    A familiar screech from behind lit up her face with jubilant delight. As Liv lifted her head from the comfy nest, she made sure to brush her lips tenderly across Morgan’s cheek. “Catch ya later, love.” Euphoria carried her forward as silvery irises surveyed the scene, a serene smile shining on her face. She still hadn’t spotted it, but just knowing her ally soared the sky somewhere in the vicinity granted her the hope of another chance at success. Her rapidly beating heart fluttered when - at last - her beautiful buddy came into view!

    Liv zipped toward it, determination painting her features. I will get there before any of you do, that’s for sure. Her gaze trickled from the Bludger to the Badger it was tracking. Lo’ and behold, it was her dear friend, Mr. Jackass. “Listen, as much as I want to let this smack you in the face, I have other plans for it. You’re REALLY lucky right now.” Her arm trailed behind as she swung around to face her greatest opponent. She kept spinning, pulling her arm forward until the musical CRACK told her it had been done. The sound echoed through her bones, but she barely felt a thing as she waved goodbye to her little angel. “Until next time.”

    [WC: 586]
    [Offensive Deflect Bludger 1 to siriuslywinchester]
     

    HINT Mod
    Badger Brigade
    Curious Cat Chief
    Winnie The Puff
    HINT Mod - Badger Brigade - Curious Cat Chief - Winnie The Puff
    Mixed Blood
    Hufflepuff
    2nd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 30
    Posts: 11,008
    Groans emanated from the stands, only slightly overwhelming the sound of cheers as the copper orb was snatched from its travels and deftly returned to play by the Ravenclaw keeper. The clouded skies mimicked the darkening moods of the badger brigade as their first shot was denied, but they had no time to fret. Navy and saffron fought again, retracing their flights through the air as the Eagles began their first challenge.

    Lucy's heart had dropped like a lead balloon as her perfectly poised Bludger was deflected by Sinn. If only this stupid school broom had been a little faster. She had been desperate for a little more speed to mount a real swing behind the smack. She could have knocked the Keeper into next week. She'd begged and begged her father to buy her a broom over the summer holidays but the best offer she'd received was the loan of the family broom. That tired, tattered thing was older than her and it barely reached walking pace - there was no way she'd be seen on the pitch with that. For the love of God please let Santa bring one this Christmas.

    The Quaffle's progress towards the Hufflepuff goal had Lucy in a fright. She drifted down the pitch, one eye on the ball, the other on Garf. "Come on, Garf," she yelled, hoping her voice would carry down towards him. "You got this!" She just hoped that the nervous wreck of a boy would hold his own against the charge.

    Glancing around the packed stands, desperately searching for a glimpse of confidence, Lucy was hit with an overwhelming sense of loneliness. The usual hint of vibrant violet was missing from the match and the second-year's heart sank as she recalled the reason her hero was not on the field. Fallon was her inspiration - why the hell else would she have bothered with trying to dye her stupid hair? Being on the team with the spirited sixth year had been a dream, but how her heart ached, wishing that her friend hadn't sustained that awful injury. Why couldn't they have made her better, she mused, angrily gripping at her broom shaft. The only thing she could do was play her best and show what she'd learned over the past year.

    In the search for speeding spheres, her eyes were drawn to the remnants of Marissa's tokens fluttering like cobalt confetti as they toward the grass below. They seemed to dance effortlessly, tantalising the air around them as they waltzed and tangoed to a music only they could hear. The BINGO board spiralled out of control underneath them, a bright white beacon against the muggy skies and the dismal surroundings, desperately waiting for the Keeper to save it before it reached a fractured fate.

    Terror gripped at the second-year as she suddenly realised that both Bludgers were headed for her teammates. Lucy had to make a quick choice between her Captain and the partly-deaf newcomer - who was more important to the game? Cringing at leaving Leon to the cruel consequences, the hay-haired youngster swung herself in front of Jaina and smashed her bat into the goth globule, eyes closed and hoping it was heading for Felix. Shock reverberated through her scrawny arm, earth-brown eyes snapping open as the crack echoed around the pitch.

    Turning back to the boy in buttercup, Lucy gaped as she saw him saved by the loudmouth Liv. "Have you forgotten what side you're playing for?" she squawked, a grin on her face that was quickly wiped away as she realised the Bludger was now powering towards her.

    [Offensive Deflect Bludger 2 to LiterallyBees]
    [WC: 600]

     

    Hufflepuff Prefect
    HEX Mentor
    Hufflepuff Prefect - HEX Mentor
    Pureblood
    Hufflepuff
    Sick as all heck, replies may be delayed or incoherent
    3rd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 16
    Posts: 64,125
    Einin's heart sank all the way back to the ground as the Quaffle went sailing back into the Pitch. I failed… All of a sudden, a searing pain erupted through her chest as stress manifested itself, and she hardly maintained her balance. She was now a failure at Beating, Chasing, and basically everything else in the universe. Even after last match, her father had still smiled at her, told her that he was proud.

    For the past few seconds, she'd been performing out of a desire for him to be pleased. But now she remembered that he was too dead to tell her that. So were Mammy and Sorcha… she'd never hear it again. Never an 'I'm proud of you' or a 'well done' or a 'great job'. She audibly choked as the pain went from her chest to head, and dizziness hit her harder than the Bludger could've.

    The world began to mix and blend into an unidentifiable blur of colours. Red and orange for the rebellious strands of hair attacking her tearing face, yellow for the Stands and her teammates whose voices were drifting away into inaudibleness. Green for the grass that stubbornly refused to wither, blue sparkling from the Black Lake. Or maybe that was just her watery emotions. Grey clouds loomed overhead, suffocating any drop of joy she could've possibly discovered in the sky which liberated her.

    But she was still alert enough to hear Liv threatening Leon, and a monster inside of her stirred. Her head turned in that direction as the tips of her ears turned white as snow in anger. "Leave my friend alone, ye little maggot. Mess with one Hufflepuff, an' ye get the rest of us too. Fly back to yer nest while ye've still got wings, little birdie."

    The vague shape of the Quaffle in motion caught her attention, and taking a deep breath, she focused on it once more. Soft, defined curves across a spheroid unlike any other. Brilliant red marred by muddy brown and branded with the mark of the school. Her world, her purpose, her everything needed to focus on that crimson ball. And as she reached for it in her mind’s eye, her vision began to clear again, until her eyes locked onto it. Like a ruby in a sea of sapphires and gold… more valuable than the other gems.

    She refused to be rendered completely useless. Even if her mind, heart, and body were all broken and screaming, she would not be useless. Because Hufflepuff was hardworking, and right now, she represented her housemates. No more would she let herself, or them, be taken advantage of. And maybe, just maybe, working hard would hold her emotions back for long enough for Yuna to catch the Snitch. Running away from the rest of the school again was feeling more appealing by the second.

    Swallowing the lump in her throat, the scanty girl made her way over to the Ravenclaw Chaser again. Young-looking face (perhaps too young to have fallen in with such a team), but skill with the broom regardless. Well, even if they hadn't really met, a friend of her enemy ought not to be underestimated. Without deliberately touching him, she began to attempt herding his broom off-course. But she quickly lost patience with that and blatantly set herself in his path, performing the 'you can’t come in here' routine.

    The 'Puff pursed her lips, considering him carefully while still blocking his path. "Sorry about… earlier." Mostly screaming curses in his face and ramming his broom back. "Let's start over. Hi, 'm Einin. Who are ye?"

    [Block LiterallyBees]
    [WC: 599]
     

    Staff Member
    Ravie Admin
    Graphic Designer
    HEX Mentor
    RP Factor 2015
    Staff Member - Ravie Admin - Graphic Designer - HEX Mentor - RP Factor 2015
    Pureblood
    Ravenclaw
    Do the trick or treat; it's almost Halloween!
    Graduated Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 27
    Posts: 183,700
    Clouds covered the sky above like a charcoal veil, giving the day a sad, morose feel, almost as if it were mourning a loss. Tugging nervously at the sleeves of their robes, Alex stared at the lace-like creations, transfixed by their dejected forms as the sounds of the world around them faded into the distance. The feeling was short-lived, however; their reverie was shattered by the sound of a Bludger screaming across the pitch.

    Surveying their surroundings, Alex was attempting to sort through the chaos when a familiar shock of honey-colored hair caught their attention. Feeling as though they had walked through the world's largest spider web and eight-legged monsters were now crawling over their skin, Alex shivered and tried to knock away the sense of unease. Of course they're here to watch. What, did you think they'd quit and leave forever? It'd be weirder if they didn't show up, you idiot.

    In a half-hearted attempt to push thoughts of their previous captains from their mind, Alex surged forward like one of the Weasley twin's magical pyrotechnic creations. Wind pulled at their face like a dementor trying to suck out their soul; ironically, Alex's heart blossomed with pride. Since coming to Hogwarts, all they'd wanted to do was join the team, and here they were... high in the skies sporting the House colors! They began to track down the Quaffle, but a long-forgotten thought smashed to the front of their brain like an out-of-control train. "Oh, shit, the board."

    Yanking their broom to a halt, Alex rummaged around in their pockets for a piece of parchment that had been reinforced with a Bertie Bott's bean box. "Now, let's see... oh, this should be easy enough." Turning their doe-brown eyes to a shrieking teammate, a small smirk danced across Alex's face as they spotted numerous deeds for their board. "Should have known that you'd be the screamer, Liv! No surprises there. Now how to mark these damned things... screw it." With one swift movement, the wix raised the board to their mouth and gnawed small holes in the appropriate places. "Super. Looks like I only need two for a BINGO!" Nodding, Alex quickly tucked the board into their shirt for easy access.

    "Now, where is that Quaffle?" Taking a deep breath as if preparing to plunge into the deep end of a pool, the wix grasped the handle of their broom and burst into the foray. Hearing a loud screech, Alex spun to face a disgruntled Hufflepuff. "Lucy, right? Witch, please. Do you really think that Liv, of all people, is going to forget what she's doing? You've gotta have more than cookies rattling around in that head of yours, so use your brain, for Merlin's sake." Shaking their head in distaste, Alex zigzagged away.

    As the Chaser flew in large, disoriented lines, anxious energy radiated throughout their body like shockwaves after an earthquake. You can't just float around like a fairy and do nothing, you dolt. Get your shit together! You're a Chaser, find the Quaffle. Do. SOMETHING. As soon as their inner voice paused the angry monologue, they spotted their ball of choice - tucked under Felix's arm. Instinct took over and Alex raced ahead of the scrawny boy, eyes on the Keeper.

    No time for tact, just act. Barreling toward the floating daffodil, Alex fumbled to a stop just between the Keeper and the incoming missile, inhibiting any movements she might make. "Hey, don't mind me. These are some nice goal posts you've got here. Do you polish these? How do they stay so shiny? Is it magic?"

    [599]
    [Block TreegirlRosie]
     

    Pureblood
    Ravenclaw
    Stay frosty, boys!
    1st year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 23
    Posts: 5,815
    The exuberant roar of the crowd assaulted Felix’s ears as Marissa saved the first shot of the game. The delighted shrieks of the Ravenclaw supporters blended cacophonously with the guttural jeers from their adversaries. From the castle, the pitch must have sounded like a rioting zoo. Reeling from the sudden onslaught of noise, the Ravenclaw whirled around, hunting for an escape from the hubbub. Instead, his eyes locked on them, their traitorous ex-captains, in plain sight right beneath the Hufflepuff goalposts.

    His heart throbbed in his throat, painfully pressing into his airway. A flood of raw resentment and disappointment coursed through his veins like refuse through a sewer; yet, he couldn’t avert his gaze. Despite the danger of hanging immobile in the middle of the pitch and the torrent of negativity poisoning his thoughts, he couldn’t turn away until the floodgates of his eyes threatened to overflow.

    How could they? How could they do this to us? He stared with unseeing eyes at a distant spot as he grappled with the invisible weight of his thoughts, nearly toppling from his broom when a very physical weight dropped into his lap.

    Felix gawked for a timeless moment at the Quaffle situated so demurely in his lap before the gears in his brain once again began to turn. He spun around and locked eyes with Marissa just before she shifted her attention back to the cardboard square in her hand.

    Oh yeah. Tucking the Quaffle securely under one arm, Felix fumbled through the folds of his robes, plunging his hand into his pocket and retrieving his own BINGO card from its depths. “Almost forgot about you,” he crooned as he skimmed the card and, for just a moment, was almost preoccupied enough to forget the dull ache that had settled like a blanket of fog over his heart.

    “Hey, Marissa, thanks to your save, I’ve got... one.” Frowning, Felix scanned the card again before cramming the useless thing back into his pocket with a sigh of resignation; his chances of getting BINGO weren’t much better than the Chudley Cannons’ chances of winning the League Cup in the next millennium. As he did, he felt something in the crook of his arm, its lumpishly round form digging into his side. He shifted the ruby orb into his lap, mindlessly caressing its strikingly warm, pocked skin with woefully ungloved fingertips as he plotted a safe course to the other end of the field.

    Before he could so much as lean forward over his broom, he was intercepted by his bumper broom buddy. “Einin, you say? I’m Felix. We can start over... just not right now.” With a charming smile and a friendly waggle of his fingers, Felix darted around the bothersome girl.

    Clutching the Quaffle apprehensively with sweating palms, he ducked and dodged his way across the pitch, grinding to a breathless halt before the Hufflepuff Keeper. Of everything Felix had ever yearned for in life, he had never wanted anything more than to make this shot and prove himself to his team “Hey,” he gasped, clenching the crimson ball between bony knees as he mopped his hands on his robes. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Felix. I’d shake your hand, but, well, now isn’t exactly the best time.” Felix hoisted the Quaffle, his tongue poking from the corner of his mouth in concentration. “Maybe later!”

    With a mighty grunt, Felix heaved the Quaffle, launching it with all his strength over the Keeper’s head. “Here, catch! Wait, don’t! Forget I said that.”

    [Shoot Quaffle]
    [WC: 589]
     

    Teacher's Assistant
    Luvly Vera
    Teacher's Assistant - Luvly Vera
    Pureblood
    Hufflepuff
    Badgers, check out Helga's Hollow (f/706), Sprout's Study (f/705) and Cedric's Clubhouse (f/749)!
    3rd year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 26
    Posts: 7,482

    Jovially riding the wave of his successful Bludger deflect, Leon tucked his bat beneath an arm and cupped his hands around his mouth. “HEY LUCE! Congrats on your own deflect! You did great! I think a victory lap is totally in order!” A crooked grin graced his lips, and teal eyes glinted with unbridled glee. Whether Lucy took that lap or not, he certainly planned to do so and not a thing would stop him if he had anything to say about it.

    He hadn’t even made it half-way around the Pitch before being intercepted by one of the opposing Beaters and boy did she look livid.. Good lord... What crawled up Liv’s ass and died? I don’t have time for this. I just want a moment to celebrate. Is that too much to ask for? Leon mentally groaned with annoyance. “Look here Liv, I don’t know what you’re going through right now, but take your empty threats to someone who cares..” He sighed, dismissing the girl's words. He wasn’t gonna let her take this moment from him, not a chance in hell. I earned this dammit.. Go bother someone else..

    Flying away, Leon picked up his pace lest he be interrupted again. Faces in the crowd blurred together into an amalgamation of colours and shapes, at this speed he couldn’t tell one person from another. Slowing down just enough for individual people to be recognizable Leon spotted a few who he had seen at the recent social. A pair of bodies curled up together was easy enough to take note of. No guess needed to know who that could possibly be.. Leon thought idly to himself, continuing on his way. He spotted a Lion or two he didn’t know the names of, as well as a Slytherin boy. Hm.. that shock of blond hair seems familiar. He hadn’t caught the male’s name but he could briefly recall the blond talking with someone. Storm? Yeah, Storm sounds right. She had shared some popcorn with me.

    Leon never did get to finish his mini victory lap as his vision suddenly filled once more with the Ravie Beater from before. What could it possibly be this time? Before he was able to get a word in edgewise a bat was swung inches from his body and the deafening reverberation of metal on wood filled his ears. Holy crap. Had the furious siren actually saved his ass? Wait a minute.. Following the trajectory of the monstrous ball that had attempted to pummel him, Lucy sat at the other end.

    “Shit..” Leon swore, a long string of profanities following quickly after as he hightailed it to get to the younger Beater before the Bludger did. Leaning low over his broomstick to minimize air resistance, he pushed his broom to move as expeditiously as it possibly would. Like that of the Muggle Secret Service, Leon’s only mission was to protect his teammates from their impending doom.

    There is no way in hell I’m going to be able to pass this thing. I have to sidle up beside it. My only option is to knock it off course and hope it’s enough...Dammit, talk about easier said than done.. Carefully transferring his bat from his right hand to his left in preparation of his attack, he inched forward until his broom and target were parallel to the other. “Leave my friends alone!” He bellowed, backhanding the Bludger with his bat. The connecting strike caused his body to ache, the vibration traveling up his arm only to spread out from there.

    [Defensive Deflect Bludger 1]
    [WC: 594]
     

    MG&S Mod
    Huffie's Next QD Star
    Loyal Hufflepuff
    MG&S Mod - Huffie's Next QD Star - Loyal Hufflepuff
    Mixed Blood
    Hufflepuff
    I apologize for any delays. I've been struggling with some things
    1st year Witch
    Status: Online
    Age: 24
    Posts: 9,810
    Pinching the bridge of his nose, Garfield attempted to soothe the dizziness brewing within his head. Muddled clouds forlornly swirled together, and the colorful blue and yellow specks of robes drowned in the dark sea. Players seemed keenly interested in the golden hoops on the opponent's side, leaving Garfield alone with the billowing pressure that caused his ears to POP! Swallowing the cold air, his hearing returned to normal.

    Nerves weren't uncommon. Caution can keep everything running smoothly. Be careful, Gar, he thought through labored breaths as white knuckles tightened around the polished broom handle. The refined wood lulled his nerves as he thought about his grandfather and his careful craftsmanship of the broom. You g-g-got this, Garfield silently reasserted, frantically clinging to the memory of the elder's scratchy voice and peppered mustache. "You're n-not alone, Gar." Uneasiness brewed in his stomach, and Garfield groaned with irritation. You're not helping, tummy. Knock it off!

    Incoming bird! Pay attention! Fear caught Garfield's lungs, constricting them like a snake suffocating its lowly prey, when Alex attempted to distract him. He wheezed as his shoulders shrank back, desperately trying to keep his attention on the Chaser with possession. Craning his neck, Garfield struggled to peer around his adversary, baring his teeth at the irritating words. "I don't care about the shine. G-get out of here!" he yelled, gripping his broom and somersaulting away.

    Disorientation clouded his sight. Two visions of Felix raced towards him, and confused eyes squinted to find coherency. Frantically, he glanced between the two before he finally addressed one. "Well, c'mon! Don't send your lackey to distract me. Hurry up and shoot!" Once the words left his mouth, Garfield realized his stupid wish and watched as the leather sphere left the blue-robed grasp. It plummeted towards him like a heat-seeking missile. Eyes widening, everything slowed on the Pitch. Steadying himself, Garfield held out his arms like a goalie in fourth-grade soccer as he braced himself. He gasped at the sudden fwomph against his palm.

    I-is this a dream? Do I pinch myself awake? Garfield's palm stung as he slapped his own cheek. The echoing noise reminded him of reality and the current match. Mouth contorting with shock, he squeaked, and- Wait- "I-I'm not dreaming!" Garfield squeakily garbled with realization. Oh goodness...

    Victoriously pumping his fist, he quickly scanned the Pitch for familiar sunny robes within a sea of dreariness. For a moment, his thoughts were obscured by a fun shape in the distant clouds. No! No distractions! Shaking his head, he tossed the carbuncle orb towards Ren. Thin fingers laced themselves through his almond-colored hair as he leaned back and laughed in disbelief. Each laugh tightened his lungs, and his smile grew by the second. Wheezing, Garfield grimaced. How do I breathe? Was it out-then-in? Or in-then-out? Just do it already!

    Taking a harrowed yet relieving gasp, curious cerulean eyes glanced towards the picture in the clouds he thought he'd seen. Squinting towards the darkened haze, Garfield watched the meandering patches of murky blobs as they slowly wafted around the Pitch. A lazy finger jabbed toward the sky and outlined the peculiar animal-like shape. A cascade of light briefly pierced the shadows and disappeared just as quickly. Was... Did it just-? No, clouds can't... Can they?

    Brows knitting together, Garfield gulped as he tried to comprehend the phenomenon. "L-Leon, look!" he called to the bespectacled Beater. "I think th-there's a crup in the sky, Leon. Have y-you ever seen Dodger wink before?"

    [Catch Quaffle]
    [Pass Quaffle to Aelis Marie]

    [WC: 582]
     

    RPC Moderator
    HEX Mentor
    RP Mentor
    Hallo Spacebowie
    Vulcan't Even
    RPC Moderator - HEX Mentor - RP Mentor - Hallo Spacebowie - Vulcan't Even
    Dalek
    Ravenclaw
    hold on to your heart, you'll keep it safe
    1st year Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 15
    Posts: 10,910
    A dark grey splotch stood out against the canvas of stormy sky as it soared into the abyss, slowly vanishing into the murky collection of dull colors and uniform thickness. Seeming as inconsequential as the dot in an i, it spun out of Sinn’s sight, leaving behind a morose, heavy collection of clouds. They swirled in defeat and anguish, distracting him from the victory he should have been feeling after his successful deflect. Instead, the sifting tendrils of smoke seemed to cast a blanket of melancholy across the entire pitch. “How are you feeling, Madame Bumper Brooms?” he asked, glancing towards Einen. “Less violent, I hope.”

    Determined to distract himself, Sinn rummaged in his pockets, extracting his BINGO board and the quill he’d brought to mark off squares. Scanning the options, he paused on a certain square, his eyes locked to its singular word like lemmings to the edge of a cliff. Traitor! His heart sank as he zeroed in on the blot of ink, a stormy rage forming inside of him. It crackled threateningly as he thought back to the face in the stands. No goodbyes. No chats. Just empty space. He lowered his quill to the page, and as he sliced through the word with a dark, all-encompassing X, the angry cloud released its first bolt of lightning. He’d given away a slice of his heart, and it returned in pieces. He imagined them falling through his fingers, impossible to repair, as he fumbled in vain for slivers he could use to patch the gaping wound in his chest. Instead, a deep, malicious bacteria crawled into its place, spreading its tendrils once again through his heart. Betrayal’s roots dug a little deeper as a drop of water trickled down Sinn’s cheek.

    Someone crying, Sinn thought ruefully, swiping the tear away. I guess I can mark that off, too. Another pool welled up in the edge of his eye, stinging as it grew. He shook his head furiously in a futile attempt to stop the tears from forming. Desperately, he tried to transform the muffling, miserable feeling into anger - to convince himself that he hated Chase, just like he hated the rest of the ones who left without saying goodbye. But no matter how much he gritted his teeth or sunk his nails into his palms, the second tear insisted on falling. And as hard as he tried to pretend the thunderclaps in his mind were boisterous and attention-seeking, a lion on the attack, they still sounded like the howls of a wounded animal, hopeless and so, so lonely.

    A true thunderclap echoed through the pitch as Sinn dabbed furiously at his eyes, its tone and piercing scream more akin to a bolt of lightning. Though brief, it cut deep, slicing through Sinn’s bones and drawing his eyes to its source. Lucy, his previous adversary, was back with a vengeance, her yellow robes rippling like a field of dandelions as she followed through a powerful swing. Too powerful, in fact. Her arms trembled, dandelion seeds ready to be blown from their precarious position on the stem. “Careful,” Sinn called to her with a smirk. “It bites back.”

    For the second time, he played chase with the Bludger, pulling ahead of it as it zeroed in on Felix. Leave the kid alone. You can do that much for me. His bat made contact with the ball, but Sinn’s arms remained steady. The Bludger sailed into oblivion, and he turned his attention to the goalposts, anticipation mounting.

    [Defensive Deflect Bludger 2 from LiterallyBees]
    [WC: 586]
     

    MG&S Overseer
    MG&S Overseer
    Mixed Blood
    Quidditch Referee
    Graduated Witch
    Status: Offline
    Age: 94
    Posts: 1,363
    Round Two

    Beccabear1992
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 10/10

    siriuslywinchester
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 3/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    Lilyanabell
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 2.5/3
    Interaction: 2.5/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 8.5/10

    Zoe
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9.5/10

    LiterallyBees
    Environmental: 2.5/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 2.5/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 9/10

    luvzdeidara
    Environmental: 2/3
    Incorporeal: 2.5/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 8.5/10

    TreegirlRosie
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 10/10

    St Owl
    Environmental: 3/3
    Incorporeal: 3/3
    Interaction: 3/3
    Readability: 1/1
    TOTAL: 10/10


    Will the Bludgers ever stop? I'm betting that's what the teams are wondering too. Let's see how they have faired this round. Beccabear1992 takes a swing at Bludger 1, hoping to send siriuslywinchester flying. But luvzdeidara has other thoughts, and tries to send Bludger 1 out of bounds. Let's see who was successful.

    Beccabear1992 10 (OFFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 10 (RP) = 24 > 19
    luvzdeidara: 10 (DEFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 2 (DIE ROLL) + 8.5 (RP) = 20.5 < 24

    The Defensive Deflect was not successful, let's see if siriuslywinchester can dodge the attack.
    6 (DODGE)+ 1 (DIE ROLL) + 9.5 (RP) = 16.5 < 24

    Ouch! The Bludger hits siriuslywinchester. They endure 7 points of damage and their action is forfeited.

    With one Bludger accounted for, let's take a look at the second one. St Owl attempts to send Bludger 2 out of bounds.

    St Owl: 10 (DEFENSIVE DEFLECT) + 3 (DIE ROLL) + 10 (RP) = 23 > 18

    Bludger 2 has safely been sent away from all players.

    Even with the Bludgers taken care of, this round is just starting to heat up. Let's check in with the Chasers. Lilyanabell attempts to block LiterallyBees.

    Lilyanabell: 10 (BLOCK) + 4 (DIE ROLL) + 8 = 21.5

    Can LiterallyBees score despite the block attempt?

    LiterallyBees: 10 (SHOOT) + 1 (DIE ROLL) + 9 = 20 < 21.5

    The block was successful and the Quaffle was not shot. Due to this, it appears that Zoe and TreegirlRosie seem to have imagined their actions.

    With a grimace on her face, knowing the sting of a Bludger hit, Madame Hooch blew a quick blast on her whistle. "Alright, teams, play nice!" she called. Her eyes followed the slow descent of what appeared to be a BINGO board, "And police your trash!" she screeched, shaking her head at the players. Her pitch was always a mess after the games. Beyond the floating paper she thought she saw a glimpse of something shiny, but it may have just been the glint of the sun filtering through the clouds.


    Round THREE will begin at 2:00 AM, HEX Standard.
    It will end twenty-four hours later, at 1:59 AM, HEX Standard.

    [ Post 1: Hufflepuff ] 2:00 AM - 4:59 AM
    [ Posts 2 & 3: Ravenclaw ] 5:00 AM - 10:59 AM
    [ Posts 4 & 5: Hufflepuff ] 11:00 AM - 4:59 PM
    [ Posts 6 & 7: Ravenclaw ] 5:00 PM - 10:59 PM
    [ Post 8: Hufflepuff ] 11:00 PM - 1:59 AM

    There are 0 Bludgers currently in play.

    Ravenclaw Chaser LiterallyBees is in possession of the Quaffle.

    Seekers may attempt to spot the Snitch.

    0 - 0
     
    <
    >
    18 Years of Magic


    Subsidiaries
    Copyright ©2001-2019 HEXRPG, LLC. All rights reserved.
    Hogwarts Extreme is an independent Harry Potter fan site. Images, content, Harry Potter © Warner Brothers, J.K. Rowling, and/or their respective owners. User content on this website is credited to the individuals.