Bullying can take on many forms and is just as prevalent online. Hogwarts Extreme is committed to ensuring that bullying does not occur anywhere on this website. Specific central places could be: in any forums, public or private, through owlpost, profiles, or any other means of textual communication on the site.
Hogwarts Extreme has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on all bullying on this website.
This essentially means: if anyone is caught bullying a person in any way, they will be expelled immediately and never allowed to come back, period.
If anyone is concerned about what bullying is, a simple search can educate, but a simple definition from olweus.org :
"A person is bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons, and he or she has difficulty defending himself or herself."
If you see someone bullying someone else anywhere on here, DO NOT be afraid to report it. Reporting someone is crucial to keeping Hogwarts Extreme the fun and safe place that it is.
While we cannot control what occurs off the website, we still want to suggest a few websites for anyone to view if they are having issues with this topic in other aspects of their lives. The websites are:
- A Teens Guide to Cyber Security
- The Family Guide to Online Safety
- Resources for Questioning Youth: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
- Norton Symantec
- Yellow Ribbon
- The U.S. Department of Res. and Human Serv.
- Bully Stoppers
- Cyber Bully Help
- Stop Bullying Now
- Cyberbullying: The New Online Crime
Also, a great list of sites posted on Ellen Degeneres' website:
- The Trevor Project
- The National Center for Bullying Prevention
- STOMP Out Bullying
- The Matthew Shepard Foundation
- The Human Rights Campaign's Welcoming Schools Guide
- PFLAG and GLSEN's Claim Your Rights
- The GLBTQ Online High School
If you have any questions about this policy, or have suggestions, please owl an Administrator, Staff Member, or Global Moderator. All are listed on the About Us page.