Facebook Pixel
322 Members Online

Roleplay Teaching Center Open Roleplay | A Glitch in Time



<
>
Groundskeeper
Magical Archivist
RPC TC Mod
Groundskeeper - Magical Archivist - RPC TC Mod
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
#BAONPDX 🌹
5th year Witch
Status: Online
Age: 16
Posts: 27,470


There's a vending machine on the corner of the street, just taunting you to come and try one of the sodas it carries. The only problem? The vending machine seems to have a glitch. Instead of giving you the soda you want, it's carrying you back in time!

Task

For this month's open roleplay, your task is to roleplay a group of friends who have discovered this glitchy vending machine. You'll have to find a code to enter into the vending machine that will take you back to a time period of your choice. Just remember, once the time period has been established, it cannot change.

Rules

1. All HEX and RPC Teaching Center rules apply.
2. This is an open roleplay thread. You are to stay on topic and respond to one of the previous two posts before you.
3. All work must be your own.
4. To qualify for a prize, you must post at least twice in this roleplay thread. Each post must be at least a minimum of five sentences (approximately one paragraph). As this is a beginner roleplay, please do not post excessively long posts (more than seven paragraphs of five sentences each). Shorter paragraphs of dialogue do not count towards the paragraph limit.
5. You must wait for someone to respond before making another post; double-posts will not count towards your two post minimum.
6. You will be given 1 ticket for prizes, so long as you post at least twice, following the rules above.
7. Winners will be randomized.
8. You have until May 31, 2020 at 11:59pm to respond to the roleplay.
9. If you have any questions, please feel free to owl Maria.


Prizes

1st - 1,000 HPs + Everlasting Ink
2nd - 1,000 HPs
3rd - 1,000 HPs
4th - 500 HPs
5th - 500 HPs
6th - 350 HPs


 

Pureblood
Slytherin
Mama Nox needs patience // Slytherin newbies, check out my giveaway in the Common Room: /f/903/75808
5th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 28
Posts: 68,236
Raking a hand through his short blond locks, Theodore grasped the pound coin his parents had given him. The eight-year-old was making his way towards the hospital’s vending machine. Some of his friends from school had recently been brought into the building, although he wasn’t sure why. The young boy himself was recovering from his latest round of radiotherapy but was feeling his strength returning each day.

Dressed in hospital gear with his favourite dressing gown covering it, he finally got to the vending machine. The boy could immediately see that there was something wrong. The light inside the machine was flickering on and off and the entire machine seemed to be shaking. Not wanting to even attempt to enter any numbers into the machine, Theodore glanced around, hoping one of his friends would come along to help him out.
 

Pureblood
Slytherin
just logging in for commitments
4th year Student
Status: Offline
Age: 17
Posts: 35,040
Several hours after he had saved his friend's life, Paul was slouching in a chair in the corner of the room, eyes fixed upon the slumbering figure on the hospital bed. Running fingers through mauve hair, he gritted his teeth and jumped up. It was only a few minutes until another doctor or nurse came by to check vitals and shoot him irritated glances at his hovering. As the hours had trickled by from last night, Paul had only grown more and more anxious as he was forced to wait for his friend's family members to arrive.

"I'm coming back soon, Erik," he said in a gruff voice, scrutinizing Erik's face, and the bandages around his midriff peeking out from underneath the blanket draped over him.

As he walked through the hallways, glaring to make sure everybody steered clear from his path, the man thumbed the few coins in his pocket. Making a right at a corner, he located the nearest vending machine and made his way towards it. There was a kid already standing in front of it, and Paul suppressed the unjustified annoyance that flashed through him. He glanced at the child, impatiently waiting. "What's the problem, kid?" he said out loud.
 

Pureblood
Slytherin
Mama Nox needs patience // Slytherin newbies, check out my giveaway in the Common Room: /f/903/75808
5th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 28
Posts: 68,236
Jumping at the sound of an unknown voice, Theodore glanced around. Seeing a young man standing behind him, he frowned. The newcomer looked impatient and the boy couldn’t understand why. “The vending machine,” he stated simply, pointing towards the flickering light and the shaking. His new companion seemed very unimpressed, so he hesitantly put his coin in the slot and press the number for his favourite sweet; Maltesers.

Before there was even time for the bag to drop, the machine began to shake violently, and the light flickered much more quickly. Stepping back, Theodore peered around at the young man next to him to study him more closely. As the machine got more violent, however, it felt as though the pair were being sucked into a vacuum. Always the one to be intrigued, the eight-year-old stayed quiet and just looked around.

As they were ‘spat out’ of the wormhole-like creation, an abundance of horses was suddenly charging their way. With many swords and shields lifted in rage, Theodore ducked and covered his head with his hands.
 

Mixed Blood
Ravenclaw
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 29
Posts: 1,416
Jess had wandered off. It was just so boring coming to the hospital every other day and having to wait around for so long for her Mum to finish whatever it was she was doing. The petulant five year old had taken herself off to try and find something more interesting that sitting quietly with her doll. There had to be someone to play with.
Trailing her doll along the floor behind her as she roamed the corridors, she eventually came across a pair of boys infront of a vending machine, but something was wrong. It was shaking. This scared Jess so she grabbed hold of the tail of one of the boy's dressing gowns and help on as they were sucked into the wormhole.
When she felt the sudden shock of hitting the ground she began to wail, not noticing that her surroundings were totally different.
 

Pureblood
Slytherin
just logging in for commitments
4th year Student
Status: Offline
Age: 17
Posts: 35,040
Paul restrained a sigh as the child reached forward to press the button for Maltesers. Not a bad choice, he reluctantly thought, but in the next few moments - the most terrifying moments of his entire life - he was too busy shrieking and having the wind knocked out of him to think anything else. There was a vague pressure of something latching onto the back of his patterned sweater as he landed on his knees and the swirling blackness around him vanished.

The vision of angry men on crazed horses filled his sight - and with a split second to make a decision, Paul cursed loudly and, grabbing onto the boy, leapt out of the way. The men and horses yelled as they rode past them, dust flying into the air and turning their surroundings rust-red from the glow of the setting sun.

There were bushes a few yards away, and Paul intended to immediately toss himself into them in case the men on horses decided to make a U-turn. He couldn't see what they were chasing, but it was taking them away from Paul and the boy. Before he could start moving again, he turned around to see what the pressure on his back was, resigned to the boy perhaps clutching onto him. "What the—!" He cut himself off, boggling at the teary girl he caught sight of. Paul tried to gently shake her off, blood pounding.

"Where in hell did you come from?" he asked, trying to keep his volume at a reasonable level, despite the panic and disbelief warring in his chest at the situation. He glanced up. Instead of a grey ceiling, there was a wide sky.
 

Muggle Born
Gryffindor
You matter! You are loved!!!
6th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 55
Posts: 30,819
Thesty pushed the book and games trolley through the hospital corridor. "I could really use a snack right now - so hungry! And I don't really want to open my sack lunch just yet." This was her third week in her new volunteer job at the hospital. She'd wheel her cart into kids rooms and see if they'd like a book or game. Many were quite eager to see her each day, which was a lovely shift to her career as an auditor for the IRS.

Turning the corner, she saw a child, a young man, and a little girl by the machine. She pushed her cart ahead of her and stood in line. "That's odd - the machine doesn't usually make that much noise" she stated. Suddenly, she was sucked into a dark vortex. She screamed and flailed, but held onto the cart. With a thud, she landed in a clump of bushes.

Groaning, she sat up and saw men on horseback come thundering by, narrowly missing the young people. "Gracious! Where are we?" she wondered aloud.

"Hello - everyone ok? No broken bones?"


 

Pureblood
Slytherin
just logging in for commitments
4th year Student
Status: Offline
Age: 17
Posts: 35,040
Paul jerked back as another person suddenly appeared - right out of thin air. "No broken bones," he said, dazed. "As for where we are? Judging from the crazed men on horseback wielding swords, probably in one of my dreams. Last thing I remember was a vending machine - I probably fell unconscious in the hospital due to low blood pressure or something, and this is my body dealing with the events from last night's accident... there is no way this is real. But I've never had a lucid dream before, this is weird."

He collapsed onto his knees and elbows, suppressing the urge to crawl further into the bushes and close his eyes. How could he be feeling sleepy inside a dream?
 

Pureblood
Ravenclaw
#blacklivesmatter l less active
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 15
Posts: 1,356
"Dad, I'm pretty sure he's not going to wake up any time soon." Her father glared at her, making a not-so-subtle head tilt towards her grieving uncle and aunt, caressing their son's bandaged forehead. "Could you drop that 'tough girl' act of yours?" her mother pleaded. "You'll put a damper on the situation." Thea glared at her. "He got this scar from chasing Little Willie and Bryan around the playground and onto the road. This isn't the first time he's picked on little ones, and to be honest-" She cleared her throat, swallowing the truth like hot peppers.

"Never mind, I'm going out to find some food- I didn't eat much this morning." Stomach growling, she meandered the seemingly endless hallways until she found a group of people queuing in front of her. She got in line, and opened up her phone to play some games when an ominous rattle and clank caught her attention. Suddenly, there was a whoosh and a wormhole appeared out of nowhere, sucking in all those in the queue! In desperation, Thea tried to latch on to the coat of the person in front of her, but the force was much too strong and pulled her through.

She landed with a thump on a small grass patch. Out of nowhere, hooves came thundering down, mixed with cries and shouts. Thea rolled to the side in time and watched bug-eyed as the men and horses thundered away. "No broken bones?" A voice called out, and Thea made her way to the fellow portal passengers. "I don't think so, " she replied. "And where the heck are we? I'm pretty sure the city was not this rural."


Edited by calliopes
 

Muggle Born
Gryffindor
You matter! You are loved!!!
6th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 55
Posts: 30,819
Thesty was relieved to hear that her fellow travelers didn't have any broken bones.

She heard a voice ask where they were. Looking around she tried to get a lay of the land. "Well, that ridge and those far off hills look familiar. This valley is--er--where the hospital used to be. Or should I say is going to be? Judging from the clothing on those horsemen, I'd say we've gone back in time about two hundred years."

"What would you all think of pooling our resources and beginning to look for friendly locals? My name is Thesty, by the way. Yours? Let's see, I have a sack lunch - two sandwiches, an apple, and six cookies. My cart here has games and books which we might be able to trade if we find any friendly locals. And I have a dozen bottles of water. What do others have?"

Just then they heard a young girl singing. As she walked the road towards where they were hiding, it became evident that she was dirty and her clothes were mere rags. But she seemed happy and perhaps friendly.


 

Pureblood
Ravenclaw
#blacklivesmatter l less active
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 15
Posts: 1,356
Thea introduced herself to the woman named Thesty (was it a nickname?) and was reminded of her friendly satchel bag hanging at her side. "I have two waterbottles, a notebook with a pen, a cardigan, my phone, Swiss Army knife, a charger and... a small granola bar!" Thea let loose a whoop, cradling it. She realised that some of the people would judge her and, caught herself.

"Guess I have nothing really important, but I could sell some of my belongings to make some money. If what you say is true, and we are in the past, then I guess some of the rich people would love to buy some 'revolutionary' designs. " Suddenly, a voice rang through the air, and Thea turned to see a small girl singing. She couldn't really make out the words, but it moved her, in a weird way. She turned to the group, hissing, "What do we do? Perhaps if we beg for help then she can help us in some way." Thea's stomach growled, and in desperation she took out her granola bar and ate it.
 

Muggle Born
Ravenclaw
“Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life’s true delights.”—Uncle Iroh
1st year Witch
Status: Online
Age: 35
Posts: 441
Chloe was just about to clock out for the day, she just needed to pass on some info to the head nurse about one of the patients, then she was free. She decided to take a seat right next to the vending machine at the nurse’s station, knowing her boss usually came to grab a snack about this time, thinking it would be easier to wait than to try and track her down somewhere in the department. She plopped down and pulled out her phone to check her messages, stifling a yawn.

As the vending machine started to make some noises, Chloe glanced up, thinking the head nurse had finally arrived, but instead found a long queue of people waiting their turn for a snack. Chloe was just about to suggest to those at the end of the queue that there was another vending machine just a level above, when she felt herself being strongly pulled to the side, and then thrown to the ground. Are we having an earthquake? Chloe’s mind was racing.

Her first clue that something was off was that she was on her hands and knees in dirt. Before she could fully register that thought, Chloe glanced up and saw a group of men on horses running right past them. Did I fall asleep while waiting for the head nurse? As slowly stood up and looked around, she recognized all of the people in the queue at the vending machine. Everyone looked dazed and confused, and in the younger children’s cases, quite scared as well. My dreams don’t normally seem this real, Chloe thought to herself, but I guess I may as well enjoy the dream while it lasts. She walked up to the lady who Chloe vaguely recognized as one of the new volunteers.
“Did you say you had water and some cookies? I’ll take a few, if you don’t mind?”








 

Magical Edu. Mod
Magical Edu. Mod
Muggle Born
Slytherin
Selling HEX Lottery tickets in bulk * Summer Party in Quira´s Thunderbird Hideout
5th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 44
Posts: 124,343
Having been sucked through the wormhole that was attached the vending machine, Morgana landed in a clump of bushes near Thesty and Thea who were discussing what supplies of food and water they had with them. Morgana was more interested to know where they were and what period of time they had travelled to. "Did you say that we have travelled back in time two hundred years, Thesty?" she asked. Morgana then tried to think of why there might be horsemen riding about at that time. Were they part of an army? Who was fighting then? Maybe they had fallen into the Napoleonic wars! But were they in England, France, or Russia now? "Maybe we should check with that girl who is singing," said Morgana. "She will be able to tell us what country we are in and who those men on horseback were."
 

Pureblood
Hufflepuff
I got CCI! I is happy! 😃 join the quarantine raffle in lu!
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 16
Posts: 500
Lilly was walking down a dirt road. Normally it was used by the riders and ranchers, but it looked pretty clear today. Lilly knew that it was a faster way to the slower part of a mountain stream where most folks got their water from in the town 3 miles away. Lilly made the trek 3 times if not 4 a day. But Lilly had no say in the matter, her being black and all. None of the others wanted her around, her momma dying 8 years ago giving birth to her right after the Witensers bought momma and Johnny, Lilly’s brother. Johnny raised Lilly to be the perfect slave for the Witensers. Lilly pulled her mind back to the present and started singing, not wanting to be late back to the house. It was to help her stay in the present. Suddenly Lilly heard strange noises from ahead of her. Slowing she held the empty water bucket in front of herself as a shield. Rounding the bend that marked that the river was about 1 mile away, Lilly came upon the most strange sight of white folk she had ever seen in her life. There was a couple of small children and some women and a young man. They were all dressed in strange clothing and talked funny. She heard one women talking about figuring out their supplies and where they where. Lilly had no idea who these people were but Lilly could see they needed some help. “Do you all need help?” Lilly asked them hesitantly.

 

Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Muggle Born
Slytherin
staren
6th year Student
Status: Online
Age: 18
Posts: 51,602
Searing pain.

Stijn hissed as he felt his bones crackle underneath as he felt himself being thrown harshly onto the ground. All that he remembered was lounging near the hospital room, the smell of medication and Windex permeating through the air. He didn't understand what had lured in to the hospital - the place was crawling with the sick and the destressed. All he knew was that he shouldn't have snuck in.

"Do you all need help?"

A soft voice broke Stijn from his thoughts, and he looked up to see a girl dressed in...cosplay? No, this was too real to be cosplay. Stijn lifted himself up from the ground, his bones creaking in pain.

"Oi, where is this place?" He demanded, searching his surroundings as if the answer was going to fall out of the sky.
 

Muggle Born
Ravenclaw
“Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life’s true delights.”—Uncle Iroh
1st year Witch
Status: Online
Age: 35
Posts: 441
Chloe smiled at the young girl that slowly come up to them, struggling with a big bucket of water. ‘This dream keeps getting more and more interesting. What have I been watching on Netflix lately that inspired me to come up with this random scene, and all of these random people?’ “Hiya!,” Chloe responded to the girl. “Do we need help? Well, what about you?!? You’re carrying a pretty heavy bucket of water there. How much farther do you need to go?” Chloe turned to the volunteer, who she thought had mentioned her name was Thesty. “What do you say to us lending that girl your trolley? We could help her push it to wherever she’s going, and maybe she can tell us a little more about the place while we’re at it?”






 

Magical Edu. Mod
Magical Edu. Mod
Muggle Born
Slytherin
Selling HEX Lottery tickets in bulk * Summer Party in Quira´s Thunderbird Hideout
5th year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 44
Posts: 124,343
Morgana heard Chloe asking Thesty to borrow her trolley, and she piped up, "Here, I have a trolley. You can use mine." Wheeling it over to the girl who was carrying the bucket of water, Morgana replied to her by saying, "I think that you need need more help than we do. Try using this trolley. And can you please tell us where we are?" She looked to the girl in as friendly a way as possible, noting that the girl seemed a bit confused by the sight of all these people who had crashed though the wormhole. Well, I'd also be surprised if a whole bunch of people turned up from two hundred years in the future. Not that she knows that, I guess.
 

Pureblood
Hufflepuff
I got CCI! I is happy! 😃 join the quarantine raffle in lu!
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 16
Posts: 500
Theses people talked funny. Nothing at all like the people back in town. One of the women offered Lilly some sort of table, but with wheels. What in the world was that? The one who offered it asked where they were. “You are about 2 miles from Hoples. But this is where the ranchers ride threw to the grazing grounds about 7 more miles towards those mountains.” Lilly said, pointing at the large hill like bumps in the distance. “Do you all want me to get you back to town? My owners, The Witensers, would help you. They are very nice.” Lilly asked, setting her bucket next to her feet still wary of the funny cart thing.

 

Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Muggle Born
Slytherin
staren
6th year Student
Status: Online
Age: 18
Posts: 51,602
Hoples. Wisteners. Ranchers

This wasn't some sort of inane cowboy movie, was it? Stijn frowned, as the girl's face turned to confusion when she inspected the trolley. This had to be way, way, back in the past if trolleys didn't exist then. Stijn secretly hoped this was some sort of elaborate ploy, hoped that he would be back in town soon.

He's never heard of such a place called Hoples. It sort of sounded like Hopeless to him. This situation was hopeless. Stijn eyed the group curiously, before shifting his gaze to the villager, somewhat skeptical.

"Lead us then," he said, wondering why this girl was helping them out. "This isn't a scheme to lead us to some sort of cannibal cannibalistic cult, is it?"
 

Pureblood
Hufflepuff
I got CCI! I is happy! 😃 join the quarantine raffle in lu!
1st year Witch
Status: Offline
Age: 16
Posts: 500
“ cannibalistic cult? What’s that?” Lilly asked perplexed. Theses people really were different. Strange clothes, strange way of talking, strange machines, strange everything. But Lilly would keep her word, she would guild them to town and to her owners. Maybe they would be able to help these strange people.

 

To post in this thread, login or enroll here!


18 Years of Magic


Subsidiaries
Copyright ©2001-2020 HEXRPG, LLC. All rights reserved.
Hogwarts Extreme is an independent Harry Potter fan site. Images, content, Harry Potter © Warner Brothers, J.K. Rowling, and/or their respective owners. User content on this website is credited to the individuals.