|PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MUST CEASE TO USE OR ENTER THIS SITE. HOGWARTS EXTREME MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANYTIME AND ANY MODIFICATION SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING. YOU AGREE TO PERIODICALLY REVIEW THE AGREEMENT SO YOU WILL BE AWARE OF ANY MODIFICATIONS. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL NEW AND OLD USERS.|
Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and all distinctive likenesses thereof are either copyright or registered trademarks of Warner Bros., J.K. Rowling, and/or their respective owners. This is strictly a fan created website, which is meant for the entertainment of Harry Potter fans. No copyright infringement is intended.
Important Note: The terms were last updated on January 1, 2017.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
Hogwarts Extreme was created by Harry Potter fans for fans to discuss/role-play in a civil matter. Our staff spends much of their time maintaining it and that should be respected. Hogwarts Extreme cannot be held responsible for the conduct of a user. We encourage a relaxed atmosphere to discuss, role-play and/or do any other activities that concern this site. This is a site for Harry Potter fans of (generally) ages thirteen and up.
1. You may only have one (1) username/account on this site. Creating multiple accounts is NOT allowed. This is cheating and covered under Rule 16-C.
2. Parents are responsible to make sure their child's age and information is correct so that they may access the appropriate areas of Hogwarts Extreme.
3. You must provide a valid e-mail address during enrollment. This is necessary in order to:
a) Receive an activation link.
b) Retrieve a lost/forgotten username or password.
4. You are the ONLY one allowed on your account. You will be held responsible for anything done by someone else with your account. NEVER give your password to ANYONE for ANY reason.
5. Discussion of why a user was disabled is NOT allowed anywhere on HEX. If you feel YOUR account has been disabled in error, you may contact the staff using the Contact Form.
6. Any user who clearly states in a post/random burst, etc., that they are leaving HEX will have their account disabled. No exceptions. You cannot make another account, as this will also be expelled.
7. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for bullying, trolling, and discrimination against all groups or individuals. For more information on our bullying policy and stance, see the Bullying Information page.
8. Any message/post/owl/material you send, or write, may not contain ANY inappropriate material. This includes, but is not limited to, abuse, adult themes, excessively graphic violence. If you would not see something in a PG-13 movie or on primetime television, it probably is not appropriate.
9. Do not choose a username that will attract negative attention to you or that is offensive (i.e. curse words, rude symbols, etc.). These accounts will be expelled upon creation.
10. We STRONGLY urge people not to give out personal information anywhere on the site and reserve the right to delete/remove any personal information.
11. Posting in languages other than English IS allowed, however all content bans (swearing, illegal content, flaming, etc.) still apply.
12. HEX is not a dating site. Threads or owlpost looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend/both will be locked.
13. Cursing, in general, is permitted. Internet abbreviations are allowed (i.e. wtf, lmao, lmfao, wth, etc.).
Words that are allowed and NOT allowed: Click here to view the list.
**If your word is not on this list, chances are you cannot use it. However, you may of course owl a Moderator to ask.
14. You agree not to steal/take/borrow any pictures/text/content/work that is not yours on, or from, this site without written consent from our staff or the author. For example, if you want to use a piece of work (be it graphics, writing, pictures or ANY other content) created by someone else, you must ask permission from the creator; if you want to use graphics or other work from the site, you must ask a site administrator. By submitting materials for official use to Hogwarts Extreme, you automatically grant HEX ownership and you consent to let HEX use those materials however we see fit, forever.
*Anything not submitted for official use (such as user-created characters, role plays, etc.) are not considered the property of HEX. Work submitted for official HEX use (such as item images, site graphics or anything submitted for official use on the site) do fall under this category. HEX does not own materials unless they were submitted for official use. Hogwarts Extreme credits ALL user-posted content to its individuals NOT the website itself.
15. Illegal content and negative symbols of any kind are not allowed ANYWHERE on Hex.
Illegal content/negative symbols include (but are NOT limited to):
a) Linking to illegal download sites (torrents, etc.)
b) Discussing the use or procurement of illegal substances (drugs, etc.)
c) Nazi/racist/prejudiced content, images, or paraphernalia
d) Promoting anything that is clearly against the law
Please note that the server is housed in the United States of America. Therefore, these federal and state laws are the ones that govern this site. Texas state law applies.
16. Cheating in all forms is forbidden. You will be sent to Azkaban or expelled immediately. Cheating includes:
a) Bug Abuse - Anyone found exploiting a bug to their advantage or to another user's disadvantage will be expelled immediately. If you have knowledge of a bug, it is your responsibility to report it to the administration.
b) Contests - You cannot share answers with anyone. You cannot ask or receive help from anyone, on or off HEX (this includes sites like Yahoo Answers and Facebook). Using online programs to complete puzzles for you is NOT allowed. All work must be your own; plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
c) Multiple Accounts - Anyone found with multiple accounts will be sent to Azkaban. Then, either be expelled, or have their inventory deleted, their money reset to ZERO, and all the multiple accounts will be disabled.
d) You may not utilize an automatic refreshing program/browser in order to exploit a random event. Doing so will result in your account being automatically sent to Azkaban by the server.
e) Hacking - If you hack, attempt to hack, or threaten to hack this site or someone's account, you will be expelled. We will then report you to your ISP.
f) Merchanting - The Merchanting Guidelines on HEX covers many other forms of cheating. It is very important that one reads this if they plan on conducting any sort of economic business on HEX.
g) Plagiarism - Any instance of plagiarism is strictly prohibited on this site. HEX offers all users a creative outlet to explore writing, design, and artwork. Users caught plagiarizing in any way, (including, but not limited to, artwork, graphics, and writing) will be punished accordingly.
The definition of plagiarism is as follows: the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
17. Spamming is not allowed. By spamming we mean:
a) Post count threads
b) Sending unwarranted owls or share posts to invite users (including hogfriends) you do not know, asking them to RP, or visit your profile/store/contests, etc.
c) Posting the same thread in multiple forums (more than once)
d) Do not "bump" a thread unless it has fallen off of the first page of a forum
e) Do not use ALL CAPS in any thread title. Do not use punctuation such as: hEy wHaTs Up.
f) Posting less than 3 words
18. Advertising other websites:
a) Discussion of Harry Potter websites that we are affiliated with is allowed. Affiliates are listed on the far right of the index page.
b) Discussion/Advertisement of Non-Affiliated Harry Potter websites is not allowed.
c) Advertising for other Role-Play websites is not allowed.
d) Personal websites, links to blogs, live journals, news articles, movie reviews, song lyrics, Facebook and Myspace profiles, etc. are allowed; however, we reserve the right to remove any and all content without given notice.
19. User created chat room boxes like ChatterBox are not allowed. It is impossible to moderate the content of these, when the content itself is technically on HEX.
20. Each forum/house may have a set of specific rules in ADDITION to the ones listed on this page. Please read forum specific rules before you post in a forum.
21. Moderators are not to be argued with when enforcing rules/guidelines. Anyone arguing with a moderator/prefect etc. against disciplinary measures in a clearly disrespectful manner will result in the member being sent to Azkaban. If you feel that any Moderator or Global Mod is acting in an unfair manner, report it using the Report feature.
21a. Administrators and Staff Members are not to be argued with when enforcing ANYTHING. If you have a problem, you may most certainly owl one of them. Forum rants will be deleted and you will be sent to Azkaban. If you wish to petition the ruling of an Administrator/Staff Member, you must owl John, the site owner, directly.
21b. Staff/moderator impersonation (telling people you are a HEX staff member/moderator/admin) is a very serious offense, and will result in being sent to Azkaban. Repeated impersonations will result in expulsion.
Additional site terms may be found in the Knowledge Base
If you violate any of these rules, your message/post/material may be deleted, you may be sent to Azkaban, or your account expelled and, in the case of hacking, theft, etc., possible reporting to your ISP and/or local law enforcement agencies. We reserve the right to execute any of the listed punishments WITHOUT NOTICE and to terminate any account for any reason at any time.
THESE TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT GIVEN NOTICE. WE (ADMINISTRATORS, STAFF MEMBERS, AND GLOBAL MODS) RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO ACT AND PUNISH BY THESE RULES WITHOUT CONSULTING THE USERS FIRST. BY BEING ACTIVE AND A PART OF HOGWARTS EXTREME, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THIS DOCUMENT AT ALL TIMES AS STATED RIGHT HERE. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW THIS DOCUMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR.